NON-MOTORIZED USE ONLY
For the safety of all, please stay on the trail. Be courteous and respect the rights of adjacent property owners.
- Rail Trail is open for recreational use between the hours of sunrise and sunset unless otherwise posted.
- No motorized vehicles, horses, or livestock. (Exception: Emergency vehicles and Maintenance)
- Snow shoeing and cross country skiing permitted.
- Walk, run, jog, bicycle or rollerblade on the right side of the yellow line and before passing alert others by bell, horn or verbally.
- Bicycle riders are encouraged to wear protective headgear. Helmets are required by State Law for bicycle riders 16 years and younger.
- Be sure young children are properly strapped into child carriers attached to or behind a bicycle.
- All users should help in keeping the trail clean and safe for all. What you bring in, you take out.
- Use trash containers provided on the trail.
- Dogs and cats shall be kept on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets. Animal pet stations are provided along the trail.
- Report trail maintenance problems to the Park & Recreation Commission at (413) 569-5701.
- Report any incidents or accidents on the trail directly to the Police Department by dialing 911.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, HUNTING, TRAPPING, FIRES, LITTERING, CAMPING, REMOVAL OF PLANTS OR JUMPING FROM BRIDGES. VIOLATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
- HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.