The Planning Board consists of five volunteer members, who are elected to a five-year term. They are responsible for overseeing land use within the town to ensure that the residents live in a safe and healthy environment. They do this through the review of plans on the division of land for both residential and commercial developments. The Planning Board also reviews site plans for large additions to existing businesses and new signs.
Additionally, they grant special permits for land uses, including:
- Estate lots
- Business & industrial uses
- Flexible residential developments
- Projects located over Wellhead Protection District
- Wireless communication facilities
The Town Planner is a part time position who works under the Planning Board and Select Board and reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with Planning Board application review & approval process
- Conduct site visits
- Coordinate with other town officials and boards
- Review/recommendation for land use regulations and bylaws
Note: All agendas, minutes, and notices provided on this web site are for informational purposes only. Official copies and any attachments referenced are available at the Town Hall.